Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brooklyn is 5

This year Brookie said she wanted a Cowgirl Party!! So she got cowgirl boots and a hat and we went and took pictures to put on the invitations. Which I don't have a copy of the invitation but it was SUPER cute!! Laci Arias took these pictures.








We. . .and by we I mean, mostly Laci did a lot of work. She should be some type of party/event planner. I swear we were up till 2 a.m. every night for about 2 weeks trying to get stuff done. The party was a HUGE success, the kids loved it! I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!





My cousin made this cute cowgirl cake


This was "Panning for Gold" I found this idea on Pinterest, you mix food coloring with the rice. It's like a sand box but less messy and much prettier looking. This was a BIG hit with the little guys.

This was a target shooting set up, not such a big hit.


We had "Pin the Braid on the Cowgirl"

Birthday Girl was up first!

Here's Eva
Mia and Brookie were the closest!

I made little booklets for all the kids to color and they had activity pages.

Told ya this was a big hit. These 3 little ones were entertained for quite some time. At one point Hudson was actually sitting in the bucket!!


Pinata Pictures, yes the tongue helps her!


This is her neighbor friend, Olivia, with a MEAN face, and yes that helps as well!
Brent

Landon

Kaylie

Mia

No one broke it so I ended up opening it and scattering the candy everywhere!

We loaded the kids up in the back of the truck and drove around the corner for a BIG surprise!!! Which we didn't even need to go to the surprise, the kids thought driving in the back of the truck was sooo cool!!!

The BIG surprise is they got to ride a Horse!!! First up was the birthday girl of course!! She absolutely loved it!!
Eva
Lexi
Hudson wanted to jump over the fence!
Olivia


I was the designated driver for the little ones. I love Hudson's faces in these pictures!




Most of the kids. Back row: Eva, Olivia, Brookie who has her arm around Hudson :), Lexi
Front row:Mia, Brent, Jayden

The wind kept blowing the fire out. . .
So we just had her blow out the lighter instead! She didn't seem to care.
PRESENT TIME!!!
Laci made this!!! No pattern, she just whipped it out! This will be her Halloween costume. She will be Jessie and Hudson will be Woody.

The scooter is from Mom and Dad. She has been driving it around literally everyday!!!!



The grand finale of the night was the present that Papa made for her. I found a website online that gives you the plans to build things for free. I showed it to my Dad, he made some changes and Da-Ta! He made me paint it, which was a nightmare!! But Brookie loves it!!!


Here is the finished product, all set up in her room. I still have some work to do, I'm going to put carpet on the stairs and make some cute curtains but she LOVES it!!! Every night she is excited to go sleep in her bed!
I love her face sticking thru!!

3 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

oh my goodness i can't believe how cute she is ;) when can we hang out?!?

Valerie Housley said...

Ah, I love it!! Isaac is turning 4 in 2 weeks and he wants to have a cowboy party! So I need to pick your brain! :) I'll message you on FB. Love the pictures, I should have you come out and do Isaac's party! haha! :)

The Wrights said...

Holy COW!!! That was an amazing birthday for miss brooklyn. You are amazing!!! Well done!:)