Sunday, August 23, 2009

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

How many times have we sung this song, well apparently she wasn't really listening to it. Saturday night Brookie and her cousin Jayden were jumping on her bed and being a little crazy. Next thing I know Brookie is screaming and she's in a ball on the floor. I go in her room and pick her up and she kind of just crumples to her bed, screaming. I asked her 4 year old cousin what happened and he proceeded to tell me they were jumping and she fell off and landed on her neck funny. I look at her collar bone and see a bump where it shouldn't be. Long story short we rush to insta care, call Lane on our way there to meet us. They take an x-ray and sure enough she has a broken collar bone. Poor girl!

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do for a broken collar bone. They gave her some Ibuprofen and this cute little sling that she actually wears. This is on the car ride home, we stopped at Wendy's and got some dinner.

If you look at this picture closely you can see the bump on her collar bone, that shouldn't be there.

It will take 4-6 weeks to heal. The brace doesn't really do a whole lot other than remind her not to move her arm. She can still play but occasionally she'll forget that she can't lift her arm and then she'll be in a lot of pain. We spent all of Sunday just watching movies and cuddling.

4 comments:

Cory and Monika said...

Oh my goodness. That is so sad. I hope she heals quickly. My kids always jump on the bed. That is scary.

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

oh my gosh so sad! ;( i think as a mom those things are sometimes harder to handle than for the little monkey!

AnnEE said...

I hate this story. That's SO STINKING SAD!!! Poor baby!

Cassie said...

SO sad!!! Poor girl!