Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Manti Canyon

My weekends are great but at the same time suck!! I get to spend all weekend with Brookie but we don't see Daddy at all. I usually spend time with my family. Last weekend they were going camping down in Manti Canyon. I wasn't going to go but then last minute I decided to, since I didn't have anything better going on. It was a short trip. Me and Brookie drove down Friday after I got off work and came home Saturday afternoon. It felt like forever to get there, it's about 2 hours away. It was so blasted hot that we didn't really do very much. When we got there Friday night we took a 4-wheeler ride to look for deer, that is Brookie's favorite thing to do and she is usually the first one to spot them. We only saw one though. Saturday morning we woke up and all Brookie wanted to do was watch movies. I said no, we can do that home, so she and Papa went for a 4-wheeler ride while my mom and I went for a walk. We must have been going to the same place because we ran into them on the 4-wheeler so we just hopped on with them and went to this waterfall.

The water was freezing!! I don't know how my dad kept his feet in for so long, mine went numb after about 2 seconds.


It made us have a greater appreciation for the pioneers who had to cross streams in colder weather, I don't know that I could have done the same thing they did.


It was beautiful to be in the mountains. Brooklyn could have stayed entertained all day throwing rocks into the water.


Here she is getting ready to watch a movie while we play cards, but Papa is bugging her, which is pretty common (her to be bugged by Papa.)



I decided to head home early on Saturday, for a couple reasons, 1) I wanted to see Lane and he has a couple hours to spare before he heads back into work Saturday night and 2) I was kind of bored out of my mind. My parents were just being lazy and taking it easy, which is fine, but I wanted to be doing something. So I left in time for Brookie to take a nap on the way home, which is always lovely!


Well my plan to spend some time with Lane back fired on me. When I got home, he wasn't there and he wasn't answering his phone. Which is normal, he never answers my call, it's a huge pet peeve of mine! Anyways, after about 2 hours I'm starting to freak out, I've called everyone I could think of and they haven't heard from him or seen him. Well finally he calls me and tells me they called him in early to the hospital. A note or something would have been good!!!

No comments: