Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I am 17 weeks along and have finally stopped throwing up. That was 6 weeks of HELL!!! Once I got into the second trimester I definately got my energy back which was helpful with a toddler running around. I feel like I'm eating like a mad woman, non-stop!!!

This was taken at 10 weeks, starting to look like a baby.


This is at 17 weeks, amazing!!!!

Oh and by the way. . .we found out what we're having!!!

It's a. . .










BOY!!!!!!!



Here is his cute little foot, with all 5 toes!


And his face. He looks a little scary in this picture but it was absoultely amazing!! We saw him open and close his mouth, he was swallowing. Then he yawned and fell alseep. The doctor couldn't get him to move to get a profile shot.

I'm not going to lie, after he told us it was boy Lane was smiling from ear to ear. I however was on the verge of tears. I was really hoping for a girl, I wanted Brookie to have a sister. But Brooklyn knew from day 1 that this baby was a boy. I kind of figured it was a boy too just with how sick I've been but in the back of my mind I kept telling myself it might be a girl. Now that I've let it sink in for a couple of days, I'm very excited!! Brookie will be an awesome big sister either way. I'm not looking forward to shopping though. It is so hard to find cute boy clothes. The whole time I'm in the boy section I'm looking over at the girl section at how many cute things there are for Brookie and a brand new baby.

I haven't felt the baby move that much and I don't know if it's still a little early but after we had the ultrasound done and I was home in bed I felt him kick. It brought me to tears and made me realize that I already love this baby boy even if I wanted a girl.

9 comments:

The Wrights said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am so glad you are feeling better now! Love ya

Jason and Kimber said...

Yeah! I was wondering after we finished texting today if you were excited for a boy. I jumped to the conclusion that Lane was excited. You will love having a boy too! I am sure it's hard though when you have your mind set on something. It's just takes a minute for it to be okay. We are so happy for you two. Glad your doing well.

Cassie said...

We are SO excited for you guys!!! I KNOW you will absolutely LOVE having a little boy!!!
I'm a little jealous of your ultrasounds!!! You have so many fun shots! The one we did here in FL felt really rushed, and my hopes were shattered when he couldn't get my baby to move for a profile picture...and he (the doctor) wasn't really willing to wait. He just printed us a picture of the baby face-on. Not even a crotch shot or anything! I'm happy that we'll do my next ultrasound in Utah...where they care about babies and make it a fun experience! :)
I'm happy to hear you're done puking your guts out!
We miss you guys!

James and Cassidee said...

Boys rock. Seriously! They are men from the day they are born. I found lots of cute boy clothes at Target, but they are pretty expensive so I got most of Jax's brand name clothes (old navy, baby gap, etc...) at yard sales. I am not into character clothing (pooh, sesame street, etc..) much which seems to be the case for little boys, but I was able to find some way cute stuff without breaking the bank. Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Yay, that is so fun. One of each:). Congratulations!!!!

Cory and Monika said...

Yeah-hoo! Boys are so much fun. They are SO different than girls. They love bugs and dirt, where girls love the complete opposite. I know you will love them both the same!

LANKY and KARIS said...

Congrats on having a boy! We are excited for you guys. HOpe everything is going well

Sarah W said...

Congrats! You'll LOVE having a boy! They are SO much fun, and you'll love how much Lane goes crazy with him. I'm sure he'll be teaching him to dribble, hit a ball, and toss one before he's even walking. Congrats!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Congrats! We love little boys!! :)