Monday, January 11, 2010

Quick Trip

Lane was planning to go to a little town of Jerome, Idaho to follow his cousin around who is a nurse anthesist (which is one of the fields he's contemplating going into.) I decided to tag along since I've cut back my hours at work to 3 days a week, wahoo!!!!
It didn't go quite as planned, Brookie was an absolute pill the entire time and hardly slept. Lane's cousin was on call which meant there wasn't a lot to show Lane. They did get called in to do an epidural on a woman that was 39 weeks pregnant and the baby had died. She still had to deliver the baby. And he got to sit in on a wound closure surgery which was pretty uneventful but Lane got to actually be in the operating room. It was good for Lane to pick his cousin's brain apart about how to live while going to school, good places to go to school and so forth. They took us to the Twin Falls bridge and we drove by the Twin Falls Temple because it was cold!!

Like I said, Brookie was a pill the whole time and wouldn't cooperate to take one family picture.






While we were there, there were people jumping off the bridge with parachutes and landing next to the water at the bottom. Not sure what it's called. . .paragliding, parachuting, who knows. Whatever it was, it was cool to watch them jump off the bridge.

5 comments:

The Wrights said...

That looks like a fun little vacation. I am getting excited for Lane.. The process is very long.. so continue to hang in there and be very supportive. Hope your still feeling well?? I can't believe this baby is coming so soon. Love ya

Halfords said...

Clint is from Burley which is right by Jerome. It is freezing cold there huh!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

you should have stopped in logan! ;)

Kelly Peterson said...

I grew up like 45 min. away from there in Burley! How fun.

Kelly Peterson said...

and I was reading your other comments... I think I know clint Halford. werid small world.