Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

Santa came early to our house this year. He came on Christmas Eve Eve. . .He came the night before Christmas Eve since we would be up to the cabin on Christmas. This way were able to do our own Christmas as a family. Brooklyn had a lot of fun this year. She made cookies and set them out with milk and thought it was the coolest thing that Santa ate her cookies and wrote her a letter that she made me read to her 10 million times!


Hudson's first Christmas and he just wanted to get down and crawl and see what Brookie got.
A princess Tiana dress-up

Of all the presents Hudson got, his favorite was this squishy ball thing that cost $1. Of course the cheapest one is his favorite.
Brookie's big present this year was a big doll/barbie house that I can't believe I don't have a picture of, and the set of princess barbies.


The rest of Christmas Eve we just hung out and ventured out to the mall. Lane wanted to get me some work out clothes but didn't know if I would like that. I did like that but told him I would prefer just regular clothes. . .but no he insisted if I was going to be working out on a regular basis that I had to workout in style! So we went to Sports Authority and got some nice Nike pants and a couple of shirts. He also got me a new crock pot which I love!!

I got him a pair of new basketball shoes and he went to Florida for the whole week after Christmas with the basketball team, so that was also his Christmas present.

Then we headed up to Grandma Twiggs and Pam's house, where the whole family was there except Kyle and Katelyn and had dinner and opened presents. This was the first Christmas without Grandpa so I think it was a little hard on the whole family, but we still had a good time. Next we headed up to the cabin. By the time we got there is was so late we all just went to bed.

Brookie slept in until about 7 in the morning which up at the cabin is late! Seriously the girl wakes up at 5 a.m. up there. Who knows why.
Coleen, who is my mom's sister is living with them so she came up to the cabin with us. It was so great having her there. She is seriously a 2nd grandmother to my children and like a 2nd mom to me. She is one of Brooklyn's favorite people in the world, right up there with Grandma and Pa Pa.

Every time you asked Brookie what she wanted for Christmas she told us a Scooter. Well this is her face when she saw she got one!

Hudson was asleep the whole time we opened presents since he was up late the night before. Besides Brooklyn opened all of his presents anyways, along with the rest of ours :)

But he was there when they played with all the presents.
He sat in the middle and just watched the cars go around. At one point he was on his hands and knees going around in a circle like an animal chases their tail!


After Hudson woke up from his morning nap we headed down to Lane's parents house.

The girls waiting so patiently with Aunt Lo Lo


Lane and his basket ball hoop of $50

I had Lane's sister Lauren for Christmas. One night at dinner she asked where I bought my bras from. I told her the only place I buy them is Victoria's Secret. So I took her shopping for one and she was so embarrassed! She has 3 brothers and isn't your typical girlie girl like me and my 3 sisters are. So this was a new experience for her. She was bright red when she was getting measured and just completely embarrassed the whole time. Long story short she found a bra she really liked so she got 2 of them. She took one home and I kept the other one for Christmas. Well I thought it would be funny to buy some sexy underwear because I knew she would be mortified to open them in front of her family. Of course she pulled them out and was bright red! I made her hold them up for a picture and told her she better wear them!


We had a great Christmas. It was a long couple days going from place to place but we enjoyed the time Daddy had off from work.

1 comment:

The Wrights said...

Looks like you guys had a very good Christmas this year!!! I love Brookie's face when she got the scooter! Priceless!!!