Friday, January 30, 2009

Pizza Night

Homemade pizza is one of our favorite foods to make. We took advantage of having Lane home for the night and invited his family over to our house and made pizza for them. We make the dough which is super easy and fast. We have a kitchen aid but I guess it's a smaller once because I'm not able to put all the flour in without it going everywhere so here is Lane mixing in the last few cups. And of course Brookie is helping.

I love her face in the picture below!


You can use the same dough for pizza, cinnamon rolls and bread. It's all delicious. Except for this one particular time I used really hot water and it killed the yeast, so the cinnamon rolls and bread didn't rise. My loaf of bread looked like pita bread and the cinnamon rolls were pretty much minature cinnamon things. They didn't taste very good, the pizza turned out really well, just not anything else. Oh well it was still a fun night to have family over and spend time together.

I even got into the mess. By the time we were done, flour was everywhere; all over the floor, table, counters, me and Brooklyn, EVERYWHERE! But it's okay Brookie enjoyed it and it cleaned up really easy.

After dinner the boys went to Lane's ward basketball game while the girls stayed home with the kids. I have really grown to love my in laws. When we first got married almost 4 years ago I never thought we'd be where we are today with our relationship with his parents. I can say I truly love them and I know that they love me too.

2 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Sam...you guys are so cute...and little brookie...darling!!! so for some reason on my blog it says that you hadn't posted for like 2 months...i clicked on it anyway and you had been updating all along...lame! can we please get together sometime?!? ;)

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

oh...and maybe you could share that recipe? i'm homeless when it comes to cooking...poor corbin