Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

Ever since Lane lost his job doing mortgages a couple months ago, things are been pretty stressful and it's been an adjustment for the whole family. Thankfully I had my job and he had his 2nd job working as a server at nights at Chilis. We've been debating what the next step would be. He was looking for a job but never found anything. So he decided to go back to school, some things fell into place and it worked out that he started yesterday. He is taking a CNA course offered through IHC which is only 6 weeks long. Hopefully when he's done he'll be able to get a job at the hospital, don't worry we are aware that CNA's don't do a whole lot or make very good money. We feel like it is a step in the right direction. Lane has always wanted to do something in the medical field but neither one of us can get to excited about all the years of school. And for the past 4 years he had a really good job that we benfeited from. We are where we are today for the job he had. We were able to buy our first home, I was able to be a stay at home mom, and we pretty much had the luxury to do whatever we wanted. So I don't regret those 4 years one bit! But I hate the fact that we're starting back at square one. Better late than never. After this 6 week course is done, he'll most likely go back to school get his associate degree (which he almost has) and then continue on for something in the medical field. He's not sure what speciality but that's why we're hoping he'll get a job in the hospital and then he'll be able to see what he wants to do. I'm excited becuase I know Lane has the potential to do something great! I'm grateful for the jobs we do have know that have helped us through these rough times.


Brookie is growing up more and more everyday. We finally put her in a "big girl bed." I've put it off for so long for 3 reasons:
*we didn't need the crib for another baby
*I didn't want to buy a new bed
*I didn't want to have to fight her to stay in it, I like the fact that she was caged in the crib


Well one night at like 2:00 a.m. she is freaking out so I go in there and she refuses to sleep in her crib. She wanted to sleep in the big bed with mom and dad. Well I wasn't about to go for that so we took her crib mattress out of the crib and on the floor and told her in the morning we would get her a big girl bed. It worked and she slept on the floor. The next morning I sent Lane over to my parents to get one of our old twin beds. He set it up and she loves it. Sometimes I have to go in there and put her back in bed. She's pretty good about not getting out because I threaten her life if she does! Not really but I tell her she'll be in big trouble.


We spent New Years with our dear friends Todd and Rachel. It was our last Hoo-Ra before they left for Florida. We watched the movie "Leatherheads" which was pretty lame before we watched the ball drop. It was good to see them before they left, and we miss them, but we're already planning a vacation to Florida.
Here are a few pictures with Todd and Rachel. We love you!


5 comments:

Todd and Rachel said...

I miss you way too much! 'Nough said...

Ashley and Mikkel said...

Oh the stresses of life and jobs!! My husband does mortgages and he has struggled the past three months and it has beed hard for us too!! He has always had great jobs and we have been comfortable and also bought a house and spent whatever we wanted! This economy sucks. I know what your going through and my husband never finished his schooling either and is thinking of going back and starting all over. well good luck and i hope the best for your family!

Sarah W said...

That sounds so great for Lane! It does suck starting over again, but time will go so fast! Brookie is so cute in her big girl bed! And I noticed one of the reasons you didn't want to move her was because you didn't need the crib. Was that an announcement?!

earlh75 said...

I know how it feels to start over in square 1 indeed! I started for my associates in nursing in 2006/2007. I got as far as the LPN program 1st sememster. With the family at home I couldn't complete the homework and was failing. Guys have it easier in that case. Good luck to him!

For the big girl bed..how exciting. She is growing up so fast and I need to come see you. Your mother is my fav aunt of all time.

Kayla said...

I am so glad for lane! I hope you guys know that we think about you...it sucks that ANMC had to close, but when you go 8 months making almost nothing and savings go out the window...you just have to do something...but you start over and it makes you grow in the process...anyway...so excited for Brookie's big girl bed...we got new bedding for Kason for his birthday...which you are invited to on this Sat. the 24th at 4 pm if you guys want to come...no need for a gift...just wanna see ya! luv you guys!