Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nauvoo Buddies

I got together with 2 of my dear sweet friends that I met in Nauvoo while we were doing a semester of BYU. Ali doesn't live around here anymore but was in town for a funeral, she has 2 cute kids! Eliza who is a few months older than Brookie, and Henry who is almost 1.

Here are Brookie and Eliza dancing to Mickey Mouse.

We had donuts which the girls loved!


Al lives in Logan but I don't see her that often so it was so good to get together and see eachother kids and chat!! Al has a 4 month old little girl, Raquel that both Brooklyn and I loved!!


I know, I know don't you just love our picture taking! We didn't have another adult in the household to take a picture of all 3 of us!! :)

Al, Me and Ali!! These girls are awesome, they are the ones who helped me get through that semester of BYU minus one (Patrice couldn't make it.) I had left my boyfriend for 3 months before he was going on a mission, what the crap was I thinking?! No it was really good for both Lane and I to do this but let's be honest I was a wreck for a while. Ali was the one that held my hand as I was on the phone with Lane as he got his mission call and helped me to be excited and get through it. Al is the one that let me use her cell phone all the time to call him and she was the one that introduced me to waxing!!!

She waxed my lip and I've been doing those and my eyebrows every since!! Thanks Hog!!!
Now as for Al's daughter Raquel she is the cutest, now pictures do just not do justice for how cute this girl is. Brooklyn absolutely loved her. She would say, "I hold it." So I'd sit her on the couch with Raquel and then she tell me, "You take my picture."

If she started to cry, Brookie would say, "sshh, it's ok, I'm right here baby." So cute!! It made me more baby hungry than I already am if that is possible.

Ali is holding Raquel and Al is holding Henry, look at her totally check him out!

I just want to tell you girls thank you!! Ali thanks for coming into town even though the circumstances weren't the best. And Al thanks for driving down and letting me and my daughter totally enjoy ourselves with Raquel!!!

2 comments:

The Wrights said...

I forgot you went to Nauvoo! I am so glad you have such awesome friends from that experience. How fun!

Ali said...

What a great post Sam! You said such nice things. It made me smile :) I wish that we could get our cute kids together more often. I love being around you.