Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fire Engines and Marshmallows

This last weekend was the annual Fireman's breakfast in PG. I have lived in Pleasant Grove my entire life and never gone! So me, Brookie and my mom walked down the street to the fire station and had some mean breakfast made by the fireman and EMT's and saw the fire engines.


Since we live on a busy road just up from the fire station we see and hear the fire trucks quite often. Brooklyn used to be scared of them but now if she hears the siren's she puts her hand to her ear and says, "I hear em, can I see them. . .please?" So I either hurry and take her outside as they drive by or we have a big window in the front room, I open the blinds and we watch as they drive by.

One morning she woke up early because a fire engine drove by and we can hear everything since we're on a busy road and it freaked her out. So now every morning she gets up, the first thing she says is, "There's no fire engines." With this happy grin on her face and I'm happy too because she didn't wake up early.
She was a little scared at first to get on the fire trucks but she eventually warmed up.

My favorite thing about summer is that at night when you walk outside you don't need a jacket or anything, it's just perfect weather!! We decided to roast marshmallows.
It was me, my sister-in-law and mother-in-law and the kids doing this so we kind of struggled with the fire but we got it.
I love this one, Brooklyn backing way probably thinking, "Grandma, do you know what you're doing?!"

She didn't eat the marshmallows she just liked to cook them.

I can't wait for more fun things to do this summer!

2 comments:

James and Cassidee said...

I am so sad I missed the breakfast, but don't fret, I'll be there for Strawberry Days! I am making a special trip!

Cory and Monika said...

Oh, that looks so fun. We still need to get together!!!!! Call me when you have some time.