Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Day of the next 4 years

We have had some things happen in our lives that will change everything. So you know the 2nd job that Lane was suppossed to get. . .well it never happened. It's a really long story but in a nutshell; Lane was said he was given this job that was really going to help us out financially. It would've been hard work and maybe something he really didn't want to do, but the money would have been good. Well some stuff happened and he didn't get that job; which actually turned out to be a good thing. It's not so great for me because that means I have to continue working; but realistically Lane would not have been able to work 2 full time jobs (80 hrs a week), go to school full time and try to manage a family somewhere in there too.

So anyways I'm still working full time, he is still at Chili's 3 nights a week and the hospital 3 nights and now he has offically gone back to school. The plan is to apply for the nursing program that starts next Spring, I believe. He's taking a couple pre-requestite classes and then he can apply in Fall to a few different schools in the area for their Nursing Programs. Then he will continue to get his bachelor's degree as a RN. He is really excited but it's a long road ahead. I know he can do it!

As for me, I think I've come to terms with that fact that I have to keep working full time for the time being. It's not easy but lets be honest, nothing in this life is easy. I have to keep focused on the long term goals and the fact that when he is done with school he will work 3-4 12 hour shifts at the hospital and that's it!! The other nights we will be able to be a normal family; who eats dinner together and does family things together.

I'm excited that Lane has found something he wants to do and is passionate about it. He will make a great nurse and possibly a doctor someday. We are a few years behind everyone else but we're still young and we have the rest of our lives ahead of us.

7 comments:

Kozlowski Family said...

Hey Sam we are having a birthday party for Ava on Tues the 30th. I would love to have Brook come parents don't have to stay it's at my house from 10-11:30am Let me know if she can come it's a bubble b-day party so it should be fun talk to you soon!

Sarah W said...

It sounds like things will all work out for the better! It will be hard, but in the end, you'll look back at how worth it it was and how fast it all went.

By the way, she is SO cute!!! I love the pics!

James and Cassidee said...

It is amazing the sacrifices we all make so we can be happy long term. Its so much smarter then racking up credit card debt and losing our homes. You guys are awesome and keep thinking long term goals! Thats all you can do sometimes!

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

i'm sorry sam that really sucks. but in the long run it will probably be a blessing, you just won't realize it until later! i hope to see you at jill's shower on saturday (11-1 i think).

AnnEE said...

Hey Sam, I don't remember if we ever touched base about Ameritech---- has Lane looked into it? It's REALLY quick, and I'm loving it. He could get in as early as September, if he got everything together. It's more expensive, but with how quickly you're through, it's totally worth it. Give me a call if you have any questions! 801-669-0961

Melissa said...

HANG IN THERE! It really is worth it--speaking from the end where we have dinner together every night and can actually pay the bills.

Rachel Mae said...

Sam... I know that feeling. We are doing the same thing. I too am looking forward to next Fall.