Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

Brookie and I headed up to the cabin with my parents for the 4th of July weekend. Here we are first thing in the morning. Brookie is reading books, while I'm preparing for my sharing time lesson which I ended up not even doing because Brookie was sick.
Don't we look lovely in the morning? :)

She finds all the stuffed animals in the cabin and acts like they are her babies. She turned on music and was rocking them. She is going to make a great big sister someday.

Normally when we go to the cabin, we stay there and hang out but this time we headed up to Park City to play. Me, Mom, Kyle and Katelyn went on the Alpine Coaster which was a lot of fun. You ride up to the top of the mountain and then coast down, you can control your speed. They tell you to go full speed the whole time because it's safer, but I was a wuss and slowed down, I felt like I would fall out around some of the corners.
I was being retarded with the seat belt.
Kyle and Katelyn

Brookie was too little to go on the coaster so she hung out with Papa and went on the little kid rides.
Once again, the Merry go Round.

Every since the Strawberry Days carnival she hasn't been scared to go on rides like these.


Then we all went on the Alpine Slide. Here we are on the ski lift.


Brookie obviously didn't want her picture taken. Look at her pout!!
I've never been on the Alpine slide so I was nervous to take Brooklyn on it. So I made my Dad take her. She did not want to go. She was screaming but we got her settled down and she loved it!!



I was going to take Brooklyn to go see fireworks but when we got back to the cabin, she had a really high fever. So we just went home that night and she ended up getting worse. Lane had a front row view to the fireworks at Stadium of Fire. He was at the hospital working, he said they moved all the patients to one window so they could watch them and then all the CNA's and nurses went to another window and watched them. He's on the 7th floors so he had a good view. It was a great holiday other than the fact that poor Brookie got some bug and was sick.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I hope she's feeling better! The Apline slide is a great idea of something I want to do with my kids when we're in town :) I loved her corner of "babies" picture.

Cassie said...

Sam!! That looks like so much fun! I went on the Alpine Slides when I was a teeny tiny kid and I still remember it! I miss you!!! And I miss little Brookie! I just adore her! Please come visit!! It would make my year! :)