Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Prayer

Last night Brookie said her first prayer, it was absolutely adorable. It was just me and her, Lane was working, I didn't quite understand everything but it was so cute. I put her plate of food down and she knows right away, she folded her arms and said, "Mom, fold arms, say prayer." It made me smile. Some of you mothers might say she's a little old to have just said her first prayer (she was 2 in September.) Her talking came a little later than I think most toddlers, but not too far behind. She had several ear infections as a baby up until she was about 20 months old, when I finally said I've had enough and we put tubes in her ears. About 2 weeks after the procedure she was talking so much more and then a few weeks later she was speaking in full sentences. She talks really well now, I still don't understand everything she says, she has a language of her own, but can I tell you how nice it is to know exactly what she wants, I don't have to quess anymore!

2 comments:

AnnEE said...

Aren't tubes a Godsend?? Hazen was getting ear infections about ever 2 weeks, until he was around 8 months old, and I said ENOUGH! We haven't had one since!!

Kayla said...

That is so cute Sam...I love when little kids start to pray, it is so sweet and innocent...Kooper has is down, but with Kason we are working on at least getting arms folded!