Thursday, November 20, 2008

Texas

This year we had an early Thanksgiving with Lane's family in Texas. His mom is from there so her family is down there. Lane's grandpa and aunt both work for American Airlines so we were able to fly standby really cheap, so that is why we had Thanksgiving early, because it would be easier to catch a flight when we weren't fighting the Thanksgiving rush of people going home. I flew down Thursday afternoon with my sister-in-law, Tiffany, and her two kids and also Lane's dad and sister. Then Lane came down Friday morning with his brother.

Here the kids are waiting to get on the plane, Brookie just loves to be with them.



She did so good on the plane, I went and bought her a little back pack filled with toys, coloring books, play dough and treats and of course her baby. We were at the very back of the flight right next to the engine, so during take-off and landing when it's really loud she got a little nervous. She would wrap her little hands around my arm and lay her head on my shoulder. She is such a cuddle bug when she's scared.


This is Lane's grandpa, he is not doing very well health wise, which is another reason we went down there to see them, but Brooklyn would play this game with him where she would hold the end of his cane and just move it in circles, I don' know why but it kept her pretty entertained.



Hurst is the town we went to which is just out of Fort Worth, the weather was beautiful! I had to put all 3 pictures because they all have different faces in every single one.

Brookie and Kaylie with their aunt "Lo Lo"

We walked over to the park and let the kids play while we where waiting for Lane to arrive.
Yes, my child has her hands down her pants, I'm not quite sure why.

This is Lane's uncle Mike aka "Uncle Buck." 5 months ago when he came here to Utah, Brookie was scared to death of him, but now he was her best friend. He reminds me a lot of my dad, that is why I think she likes him so much.

I don't have that many pictures, none from the actual Thanksgiving dinner we had with all of Lane's family because both Brooklyn and Kaylie woke up that day throwing up. Brookie couldn't keep anything in her stomach, and Kaylie had a fever of 103 degrees. So after being thrown-up on and not sleeping we went and had the dinner and then we left to go back to Lane's grandparents and put the girls to sleep. So our actualy "Thanksgiving" didn't quite go as planned. But then when we flew home on Sunday Brooklyn was completely fine, it probably was just the 24 hour flu. Other than that it was a good vacation. I liked it just because we were able to spend time with Lane. He took me out on a date, we went to On the Border (which there isn't one in Utah) and then we saw 007, which I fell asleep, I was exhausted after caring for a sick child all day. I was just glad to get to spend some quality time with him.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

How fun!!! So sorry Brookie got sick, my kids seem to get sick at the worst times too! Gotta love alone time with your hubby...I sure do!

Jill Revell said...

Too fun! Where in Texas? She really does look scared on the plane :(

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

cute haircut sam! i love texas and i'm jealous you got to go!

The Gray Blogger said...

Hey Sammy- that is fun to be able to go somewhere different. Brookie looks cute in her own seat on the air plane. Hey our email is k_shoell_8@hotmail.com. I need to do the same with our blog so let me know your email also.

Kimber

Cory and Monika said...

I can't believe how little Brookie looks sitting in that chair all by herself. I am glad you got some alone time with Lane. It's not easy with a sick one at home.

Amanda said...

Hey my uncle works for American Airlines too! Lives in Dallas and is a pilot named Greg!