Friday, May 8, 2009

Good News and Bad News

I will start with the bad news first. Poor little Brooklyn has pneumonia and is miserable. She's had a ear infection for about a week and half that just won't go away. Then a couple days ago her breathing became really labored and her little chest was just a pumping to get oxygen into her body. What really had me nervous was she was telling me her chest hurt her. So last night we went to the doctor on call at 7:30 p.m. and she had a fever of 101 degrees and was on fire. The doctor listened to her lungs for what felt like 5 minutes and then he told me the diagnosis. . .pneumonia. My heart dropped. My first thought was, tonight will be a long night. She was prescriped 2 medicines. We went home, watched one show, and then went to bed. She actually did really good all night. I was only up a couple of times. Then she was up for good at 6:30 a.m., which is too early for me. Lane took over from there since I had to get up at 8 and go to work. She is doing better this morning but still having a hard time breathing. All she wants to do is go outside and ride her bike. At least the wheather is nice!

Moving on to good news!! Lane got a job!! He will be working at Utah Valley Hospital on the oncology floor as a CNA. He is pretty excited!! He will work 3, 12 hour shifts from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. The pay isn't very good but if he works overnight and on weekends there is a pay increase. We also get incredible health insurance for cheap that covers pretty much everything, even maternity!!! :) We have maternity coverage right now but it is a$6,500 deductible and we're paying $300 dollars a month. No, this is not an annoucement that I'm pregnant! I'm just saying for in the future it will be nice to have that coverage. He starts next week with training. The only down side is right now I still have to work and he still has to work at Chilis. But this is only for a couple months. . . until he starts his other job!!! Yes he has another job that he got as well but it doesn't start for a couple months. I will not go into detail what this job is until he actually starts it. The one thing I will say is that things are looking up for the Pont family!!!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Poor little Brokie!!!! bless her heart! And poor you! I hope she gets better quick for her own sake and for yours.
And, congratulations!!! It was time for you two to catch a nice break! That's great!!!! Health insurance is a big deal!!! I'll be looking forward to you having more time on your hands in the near future! :)

Cassie said...

p.s. Happy Mother's Day, Sam!! You are wonderful!

James and Cassidee said...

I hope she feels better! And congrats to Lane!

Kozlowski Family said...

I am so happy for you hey we need to do kimbers thing next week? call me1

Ali said...

I hope Brooklyn recovered quickly. Good luck to Lane at his new job, good for him!! Insurance benefits really help relieve a load of stress. That's great news.