Friday, February 19, 2010

My Sweet Sassy Brookie

I was trying to get out the door to run to get some Daylight Donuts (which are incredible!!) and to go see Cassie and baby Brynlee who Brookie adores!!! She was doing a puzzle and this was our conversation:

ME: "Come on Brookie, lets go."

HER: "Wait I'm almost done."

ME: "Ok you can finish the puzzle."

HER: "Just don't leave me, cause I can't drive. I sit in the back."

Maybe you had to be there to think it was funny. But why in the world would she think I would leave her home alone??!!

If Lane and I having a conversation and she wants something from Lane she'll saying "Daddy. . .daddy. . .daddy" and if he still doesn't respond she screams, "LANE!!!!!!"

Me and Lane were having a heated argument I don't even remember what it was about but Brookie told Lane, "Daddy you need to be nice to my mommy. You talk nice." Lane tells her OK and we continue with our argument. Well aparently he didn't do what she had told him to do and says, "Daddy, what did I tell you? I told you to be nice to my mommy and you didn't listen to me. You go to time out!!!"

Obviously she learns from me which I have tried to make more of an effort to be patient and to talk nice. But it's kind of hard not to laugh when your 3 year old tells you this.

We sure love this sweet and sassy girl and all the drama that comes with her. She is super excited to be a big sister and I know she'll be such a big helper!!!


WE LOVE YOU BROOKIE!!!!!!

2 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

ha ha ha that is amazing! ;) can't wait to meet your little man!

Jannifer said...

That is hilarious.