Monday, March 23, 2009

AAhhh....weekends

I love the weekend!! I love lounging around not having to rush out the door to get to work on time. I love getting to spend all day with Brookie. The only thing that would make weekends better are if Daddy could spend them with us too. He basically works all weekend, which sucks but that is when he makes really good tips. We always go out to either breakfast or lunch on Saturday before he goes in to work ALL day.

Being a mom and working full-time is a lot of work. I give props to everyone that does it. It is exhausting. I go to work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. I pick Brookie up, go home make dinner, play with her for a little bit and then she goes to bed and we start the day all over again tomorrow. It's hard because I have no patience by the time I get home and then i feel like I'm yelling at her all night... "No, don't touch that," "why did you pee your pants?" That was my New Year's Resoultion, to have more patience. Those that know me, know that I am not a patient person...but you have to be with kids! I have been better, I come home and I try to play with her instead or worrying about the dishes or laundry or the fact that the house is a mess. That is why I love weekends, I can do whatever I want and I have all day Saturday to do it. I hate that I have to work, but it's only temporary. Lane finished his CNA course and EMT course. He is now studying to take both tests to become certified. Then we're hoping he'll be able to find a pretty decent job.

Lane has been working so hard. These classes are not easy and it's especially harder because it's crammed into either 4 or 6 weeks. He has been studying like crazy and he actually finished the CNA course, first in his class. He loves what he is doing and is excited about the future. Me and Brookie and so proud of him!

It always seems weekends go way to fast yet the week can drag on. I get a big hit a reality when Monday comes. I've started going to a pilates class at the Rec Center once a week, Monday mornings at 7:00. It goes until 7:55 which still gives me time to shower and get ready and be to work by 8:45 or 9. The first couple weeks were hard but I love it. I feel like it will totally tone my body, which for me is good. So I start my week off with a good workout.

Well now that I've gone on and on about who knows what. . . basically I just wanted to say that being a mom is not easy but the rewards are so fulfilling. I'm trying to soak in every moment I have with Brooklyn because she won't be 2 forever. She is growing up so fast, and I'm trying to be the best Mom I can be.

4 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Sam you are a great mom! ;)

Ali said...

You really are such a great Mom. I know you know that, but I just think Brooklyn is SO lucky to have you and Lane!

Kayla said...

Hang in there Sam...you are a wonderful mother and when you get to stay home again, you will appreciate it even more!

AnnEE said...

Hey Sam, I'm in the Nursing Program at Ameritech College in Draper. It's an 18 month program, which is GREAT, but it's SUPER expensive. The tuition is around 45k. Since it's so accelerated, it's really really really hard, but I'm loving it. If you have any other questions about it, give me a call! 801-669-0961